Director of Quality and Risk/Infection Control Officer/Patient Safety Officer
The Quality Director will have responsibility for and provide leadership in the development and measurement of the Performance Improvement, Risk Management, Patient Safety and Infection Control programs. They will be responsible for the coordination of quality assessment and hospital wide performance improvement activities including regulatory compliance and survey readiness. They will be responsible for monitoring and reporting Risk Management, Patient Safety, Infection Control, and CORE Measure data, by performing these and other duties as assigned:
Director Specific Expectations:
• Is responsible for the overall operations of a specific department, including but not limited to Budget, Performance Appraisals, Staffing Issues (hiring, terminations, counseling’s), Monitoring Productivity and Staffing Standards, meeting Regulatory Standards and other duties as assigned by the Appropriate Level of Authority.
• Promotes positive interactions within all departments and with all staff members.
• Maintains a positive image / attitude at all times and in all situations.
• Supports and promotes upper management direction and decisions.
• Ensures that the Standards of Behavior at SMMC are upheld at all times by themselves and those around them.
• Expectations for a Director include 24 hour a day responsibility for the department and providing direct supervision in their departments Monday – Friday, 8:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Staffs department as workload levels require.
• Has authority to delegate assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate Degree or 2-3 years experience. Must have leadership and management experience and skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. All lifting and/or moving greater than 20 pounds must be made with assistance and/or the appropriate lifting or moving equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shift : Day
St. Mark's Medical Center
One St. Mark's Place
La Grange, TX 78945