The goal of the Birthing Center at St. Mark's Medical Center is to make every step of your birthing experience comforting and special. Our birthing center includes four labor/deliver/recover/postpartum (LDRP) rooms that allow mom and baby to room in together after delivery, encouraging bonding and newborn care education, with rooms overlooking the serene Healing Garden. Staff provides one-to-one nursing care for labor and delivery, as well as individualized care for the entire birthing and postpartum experience.
St. Mark's Birthing Center offers:
- Board Certified OB/GYN Physicians
- Board Certified Pediatric Physicians
- Pre-Registration for Delivery
- State-of-the-Art Centralized Fetal Monitoring
- C-Section suite conveniently located in the Birthing Center
- Parent/Childbirth Education
- Tours for Expectant Parents
- 24-hour Newborn Education Channel in English and Spanish
- Experienced and Caring Staff
- Tenured Labor & Delivery Nurses
- Staff Certified in Neonatal Resuscitation
- Certified Technicians for Car Seat Safety
Birthing Center suites are well-appointed and comfortably sleep one adult visitor.
In order to promote a relaxing, private, and nurturing environment for mom and baby, a maximum of two visitors, are allowed at a time.
Siblings of the newborn who are under the age of 13 are welcome to visit with adult supervision.
Recommended Visiting Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Please note: Afterhours access to the facility is limited. Please inquire with your nurse regarding how to enter and exit during non-visiting hours.
Scheduling & Registration Process
Beginning your 2nd trimester, you will receive a pre-registration folder from your physician.
Instructions included in the folder will direct you to visit St. Mark's Medical Center beginning at 24 weeks of pregancy to pre-register for delivery.